Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blog Challenge

Good evening everyone,

I have joined a group on scrapbook.com where our lovely host Mish provides us weekly inspiration to write about in our blog.
This Friday she posted :
Quote: Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
- Thich Nhat Hanh


Writing Prompt: Tell us 10 things about yourself that not a lot of people know.

   
With the three options I picked the picture... I was drawn to it at first sight.

It brings a little fear to me as I am afraid of heights and the unknown.  When I was in grade eight my class watched the movie "The Fog"  scared the **** out of me!!  Some times I think I was on the Titanic in a different life because fog and icebergs scare me.  It also could be an unknown thing with the icebergs as well.  did you know that an iceberg is mostly underwater.  We can only see 10% of it above the water... ARGGHH!!!  just thinking about it gives me the shivers.

My daughter and i were snorkeling in Croatia in the sea and I was busy watching the pretty fish when the bottom of the sea fell out of view!!!  Totally gave myself a panic attack - did my daughter stay to help... NO... she swam so fast back to the boat thinking it was a shark that had caused the look of panic on my face.

Well.... that is it for the moment... a little insight to me... have a great night
sending hearts,
Kimberly

2 comments:

  1. I never used to be afraid of heights, but the older I get the more I realize that I am afraid. It doesn't bother me to be on roller coasters or airplanes, but going up to the top of a tall building scares the beejeezus outta me!
    As far as snorkeling, I can't swim very well, but seeing the sea floor drop away would scare me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose to blog about the photo too! Like you I was instantly drawn to it. Your snorkeling incident would have scared me too. I always wonder what's hiding deep in the water that I can't see...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly