Sunday, January 8, 2012

LMCB - getting to know you! Introductions

Good Morning everyone!


Today is my first post for Lasting Memories Challenge blog.   The theme "Getting to know you"  which you all know is not easy to complete a LO about your self - and finding a pic arghh... that was a challenge in it's self!!  Seriously how many of you are always behind the camera and prefer it that way... my hand is up!  Take a moment to check out the challenge blog! here
The pic was taken while my daughter and I went for a fall walk at Princess Point in Hamilton Ontario.  Most people think of Hamilton as a steel town but really there is so much beauty in Hamilton - we have the most waterfalls in all of Canada - we are a hidden gem.    


So... some points that you might not have known about me:

  1. Hate mushrooms
  2. Love to travel (just wish I had the money to do it more often)
  3. Was on the first Canadian parent cheer-leading squad!!!  lol - there is more than likely some pics out there but... arghh... too funny - My daughter was a competitive cheerleader for many years and the parents wanted to support and get involved so voila - parent cheerleaders... not pretty
Here is my LO:

believe it or not... I was actually trying to get a pic of me and my daughter... lol - she finally took the camera.  She has years of experience with self photos
 aren't' these birds the cutest - they came in my November Autumn Splendor kit from Scraptastic Club.
 close up shot of the chipboard and the butterflies
I used misting on yellow card stock but in this pic it doesn't show up that well - but I like the way the title showed up.   

I struggled with this LO so I had to reach out to my trusty bloggy challenges:
Scraptastic Club: January 1st
Cas-ual Friday - chip off the old block 
 

thanks for stopping by and sending hearts out to you all 
Kimberly <3

16 comments:

  1. What a darling layout Kimberly! Those little birds are cute! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a wonderful job Kimberly!! Isn't it scary how good kids are with the self photos> Everytime I pick up my camera I find one of my kids has been taking mugshots for facebook....LOL. I am so thrilled to be on the LMCB team with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your layout - those are the tweetest (sorry!!) birds! I much prefer being behind the camera. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and detail that you used. Looking forward to enjoying the LMCB DT experience with you.

    ~Jennasa
    findtimetocreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the CAS approach of this layout! I have a few pics that I am hoping don't surface from being a men's gymnastics mom, lol! The things we do for our kids! I am looking forward to getting to know you!

    Elizabeth LMDT
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parent Cheerleaders!!!! I would love to see that!! :-) This is such a great layout.. for it is the perfect Clean and Simple project. Cute birds and I like your color choices. Welcome to the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly this is cute cute cute!!!! YOu really rocked the white space...I wish i could do that. Yours looks awesome but if it were mine it would look bare to me and i would ruin it by adding ten tons of embellies to it.....LOL. Looking forward to knowing you better this term!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific "ME" page and also my hand is up also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly, Parent Cheerleaders? You are way Braver than me! It was fun getting to know you! LOVE the pic and the chipboard and the cute birdies! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Usually it's my husband behind the camera, but finding a shot that is flattering is more of a problem then not having them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute-I don't do scrapbooks, but you may have changed my mind with this CAS design. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, I didn't know you were in Hamilton!! I'm a couple hours north of you!!! We're about an hour north of Toronto. Small world!!! Awesome LO this week and LOVE how it's very simply - About You .. it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great CAS layout! Love the chipboard elements and all that fabulous misting :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous CAS layout. There's so much going on, but it all comes together perfectly. So glad you played along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great LO of you and LOVE the birdies on the page!!! sooo fun!!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful Kimberly! My fav is the cluster of butterflies, I think I'm totally addicted to those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly