Sunday, May 20, 2012

LM - Celebrating mom or someone special

Good Morning everyone
Lasting memories has another great challenge for this coming week!
Time to Celebrate mom or someone special in your life, maybe show us how you celebrated your Mother's day.  For the challenge I made this LO of my Nana and I when I was just a baby.   Don't we look alike (teehee). I have very found memories of her.  She was an amazing Nana... becoming my lunch room teacher as a child and always there for me.  I still think that something is missing... maybe a large NANA in the top left above the 1971 in the cream colours... tell me what you all think??
I used my Cricut alphalicious for the Brace
Click to view full size image
The paper I picked up from my LSS's garage sale.  Oh my there is someone out there that put all my favorite papers into the sale and I spent way too much money - lol 
I can't believe how different the colours look in each of these pictures...  the true colour is in between both the pictures.  I added some little dots between the zig zag to add a bit of dimension.   
If  you join us at lasting memories this week you will have the opportunity to win...
$20 gift certificate to A2Z Scrapbooking
 

So kindly donated from our very own Elizabeth - PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

I would also like to enter this LO into the following challenges:
Penny's Paper - I love you mom 
creative belli blog - baby (me :))
Through the craft room door - photo inspiration
sketches in thyme - sketch 
Sending hearts... 



24 comments:

  1. so lucky that you were that close with your Nana. I lost both of my Grandma's when I was 10. I don't remember much unfortunately. And... your layout is perfect... but when I read that it was about your Nana... I DO think you should add it as part of the title above the 1971. I like that blue color of paper if you still have some. Maybe shadowed in the cream color??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think nothing is missing from your LO. I think it's perfect as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEK!!! I need to go yard sailing with you!!! That paper is just beautiful!!! I love the story about Nana.....you are so blessed! I never knew my grandparents and have always felt I missed out on something. Such a special memory you have and I LOVE this page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Layout... it's Perfect!! Thanks for sharing at fussy & Fancy.. May x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean and simple, simply lovely. Thank you for playing along at SIT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout..thank you so much for joining us on our first challenge of *Anything Goes* at The Happy Scrappers, hope you will join us again
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page and tribute to your Mom! Thanks for playing with us @ Sketches In Thyme :)
    ~Kim
    http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful LO - great colours and super photo.
    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great layout, love the colors on this and such a great tribute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous LO, love it just as it is! Nan's are so special, aren't they? Fabulous photo, colours and papers.I too was very close to my Nan...I lived with her for most of my childhood and still miss her dreadfully.Thanks for joining us at The Happy Scrappers...hope to see you next time!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout and love that DP you used for this. I don't think anything is missing at all.....looks great!
    Thanks for joining us at Belli Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...Kimberly, this layout is super special. Great use of the bracket cut! Congrats on your Page Maps win, too btw!!!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think a big Nana for the title would be great. Cute pic and love the papers what ever color they are. Also think that big bracket is too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We both scrapped the same type of photo's this week! I think Nana would look perfect up there - but I also love that it's clean and simple. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful page and love the pretty colors!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors and I don't think I would change a thing. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. sucha a lovely page, and so great how you were abl to coimbine so many challenges too! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic LO, love the colours used too.
    Thanks for joining in with the Happy Scrappers challenges
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable LO
    tks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful crd! What a great tribute to our Nana! Thank you for joining us at THCRD! Best of luck!
    Hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and I think Nana would be very honored:) Thank you for playing at TTCRD! Hugz, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  22. perfect combo colors between papers and photo!
    eli

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO pretty! I love how your picture pops here. :) Thank you for playing along with Sketches In Thyme!
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great page, Kimberly! LOVE that bracket! I don't think that I've seen that cartridge before. And your color palette is divine! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly