Sunday, May 27, 2012

LM - leaving footprints behind

Good Morning everyone...

It has been sunny all week and now over cast :( Of course my daughter comes back from Cuba tomorrow!!

We have another challenge for you at Lasting Memories Challenge Blog 
This one is all about footprints.... people, animals, birds... any prints you can think of.  
When I first hear of the challenge the pictures that popped into my mind were of the bears I met during a visit to my bestest friend's place in Alberta Canada.  I always wanted to see the mountains so we took off to Waterton lakes, on our drive into the lake I was able to see two bears up close (thankfully in the car).  After lunch we decided to take a small hike to a smaller lake .  Walking up the hill we were going slow and around a bend when sitting right in front of us was the largest GRIZZLY BEAR I had ever seen... needless to say I didn't stick around for pictures....
  
 
I used this sketch from Page Maps

popped up the bears foot prints and used my viva pens to add some dimension to the numbers and some faux stitching around the ribbons to make them pop
In the below photo you can see the misting I did on the bear prints and the hidden journal ....
I used my stamps to create the title with a little help from my cricut.
Of course you all know the song... the other day...
I met a bear...  a great big bear oh way up there...
Reminds me of my camp days... loved that song 
A shot of the black and brown bear that I saw from the car!
 I hope you take the time this week to join us... if you do then you have the opportunity to win..
free digies from digi darla's 
 
 remember the challenge is -
MAY 27 –“Leaving Footprints Behind”- This week we want to see some kind of footprints on your layout. Idea’s: people, animal tracks, birds etc

I would also like to enter my layout into the following challenges:
Sending hearts... 



20 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the title and title work here!!! This is too dang cute :) Kinda chicken tho takin pic of those sweet bears from the car.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is awesome!! Great job on your design-I would be so scared to be near a bear taking pic's.. TFS!
    Also, thanks for joining us in the challenge at GoFish!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to showcase this memory. SCAREY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Cool Design--Love it!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create - Song Inspired Challenge!! We hope you come back and play with us again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch, with this oh so fun LO!! The bear track cut outs add so much and the misting adds such nice texture!! Glad your close encounter with the bear was uneventful!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab layout!! Love the bear paws!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love to Create for our Song Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly scary!! Good pics tho and a great LO with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls for this fortnights challenge. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you entered your layout at page maps contest. I love what you did with the sketch. I like wild life, but draw the line at up close encounters with bears. Nice picutres and great title choice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic layout! Thanks for joining us at Go Fish Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that particular PageMaps sketch! You did a great job with it. And I dont' think I would have stuck around for any pictures either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim what a great page and I love the bear prints and the title.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great LO. Love the bear paws. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic LO!
    Thanks for joining in with the Happy Scrappers challenges
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO COOL...but a wee bit scary!! love the paw prints!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the way the numbers lead the eye through the LO, and the little tag/envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is so cool and look at those bear paws!! LOL! They're huge!! What a cool experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those paws! What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute. I love your title. I live in Alberta and Waterton is my favorite place to visit. Thanks so much for joining us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the paw prints, the upside-down hidden journaling and the cute title! Really neat page! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okayy first of all I love the story, then I love the title, the paw prints, the journaling, oh did i mention the title???? I love the way you stamped and added use from your cricut! great work! awesome layout :)

    Michelle LMDT
    Scrappin' For Kenzie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly