Sunday, August 26, 2012

LMCB- A summers end

 Hey everyone...
I hope you are all having a great weekend and are getting in some crafty time!!  Lasting memories challenge blog has a new challenge up for you.   A Summers End - We’d love to see how you wind down before the kid’s head back to school and the cooler weather moves in, do you take a family vacation? Spend lots of time poolside?  Pop on over and check it out!  Here is my inspiration for the challenge.
I used my CTMH stamps to create the background paper with versa mar
When making the background i was thinking about a challenge at Scraptastic - Subway art... love how the words are all over and different ones for the beach, Sun, Water, Sand, Fun, Hot, Chillin, Friends, Party, Drinks and Beach was in there... I don't think i am forgetting any but it is mostly covered up now. 
Again some CTMH stamps for the sunshade, chairs and flip flops
in this picture you can see a close up of the glitter i used on background paper
I used my cricut to create the letters and the shapes behind the picture
I used Washi tape in the corners
I used basic grey paper for the frames and the polka dot paper
and one more of the LO :)
I also wanted to share what my work space looks like while I work!!  messy messy messy!!!

I was inspired to create the Layout with the below challenges in mind:

Clear it out challenge: Inspiration (see below for all the inspiration
totally paper crafts - zesty summer colours
dancing in pajamas - washi tape
seriously creative challenges - summer sunshine yellow
scraptastic club - subway art
child's play challenge - beach ball
 stampin royalty - fabric
fresh brewed blog - hot (this beach is HOT)
Counterfeit kit challenge - on line (enter a challenge)
your next stamp - colours
(orange, yellow, light and dark pink - i hope it is ok that i added the neutral colours)
Basic grey challenges - atg
wags n whiskers - fav colour
go fish challenge blog - beach photo
 
Basic Grey - sketch

Sending hearts... 



26 comments:

  1. LOL....well, nice to see I am not the only messy scrapper :) I completely adore this one Kimberly! OMGosh all of that fun color and stmpe4d bits you did....you really went over the top on this one and it looks MAHHHHHVALOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messy desks must the sign of creative genius right???? LOL Mine looks like that too! Do you like your scrap easel? Is it worth the money? I love how you used the stamps to create your background paper. I need to get busy and use my stamps more often! Fun page!

    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, seeing a place I've even been to!! Love your LO this week! Omgosh - your desk looks like mine! I can hardly see it at the moment and I just did a card! LOL!

    Also, while I'm here, Thanks for joining us at Child's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout!! So clever!!
    And who would have thought you'd be able to Pile on so many challenges into that one project! Very nice...
    Toni..
    http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The giant petals are unique! Nice job on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity yet intricate attention to detail on this scrapbook layout. YOu did an amazing job! Thanks for playing along with the Clear It Out Challenge this week! Jen - Clear It Out DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a unique design and fun page! Thank you for playing along with us at Scraptastic Club!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of your best pages yet!!! Love that you stamped the background with versamark. Gosh! Amazing! I am in love with that sketch too. You nailed it for sure! Good luck with your challenges. You gotta win something!!! Your desk looks like my desk!! That is the one place we are allowed to make a mess and not clean it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page love it, we passed through Wasago beach on Tuesday last week on our way home from up north. Thanks for joining us at clear it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how your page turned out!!! This is sooo super cool!!!!thanks sooo much for playing along with Childs Play!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy you put ALOT of work into your fabby LO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim this is such a great layout. I love all the words on the paper and the way you added the pics to the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your layout! So much detail. The glitter on the paper is perfect! I especially love the ruffled ribbon on the bottom. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out for our challenge!
    Sandy
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome layout. Love all the stamping you did. I need to do more stamping myself

    and thanks for sharing with us at Childs play

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining us at clear It Out...awesome job on being inspired...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great sketch, love what you've done with it, the subway art words are FANTASTIC!!! Also love how you've mixed the brights with the kraft! And don't feel so bad, that's pretty much my space all the time, before, during and after a page, haahaa! Thanks for joining us at Seriously Creative Challenges, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a super fun layout--and I LOVE your hints of gold!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your LO So pretty. Thank you for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge Blog.

    Hugs,
    Kate
    GoFish DT
    Scrappers Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cool layout! What a creative idea and I love the balance. Great job and thanks for playing at the Go Fish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great layout, that is brave of you to snap a pic of your craft space too! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great page - I can definitely see that you put lots of work into the details. I suppose that is why your page stands at a slant on your desk, to give you room to work. Nicely done - I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a fab page! Love the ribbon and all the fun little embellies and details! My scrap table looks just like that after I'm done a layout too! Right now I can hardly see the desk space! lol So glad you joined us this month @ SCC!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great layout. Such a good combo of papers and embellies - you really tied it all together!
    Thanks for joining us at YNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the design of this lo!thanks for playing with us at child's play challenges

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks like my table when I get got. Love the design of the layout. Thanks for playing at CPC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful layout! Love your inspiration. And I must say that a messy craft table is the sign of a FABulously talented crafter. LOL (that's my story & I'm sticking to it...LOL)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out challenges.
    We hope to see you again soon.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly